Healthy Snacks for the Road
Posted in Blog
Monday, March 16, 2015
A lot of people think that eating healthy is expensive and time-consuming, but if you plan ahead and shop at a grocery store instead of a gas station, you’re going to be much more successful in your quest.
Here are some of our favorite suggestions for inexpensive snacks to take on the road.
- Celery sticks with peanut butter – add raisins if you’re feeling fancy
- Rice cakes with peanut butter – high in protein!
- Low-fat cheese cubes – mozzarella made with skim milk is usually the lightest
- Hard boiled eggs - eggs are very inexpensive, and good for you
- Sugar-free yogurt
- Almonds - a serving size of about 18 almonds is packed with nutrients
- Vegetable sticks with low-fat salad dressing – you can often find packets that don’t need to be refrigerated
- Leftover chicken or turkey slices – make extra for dinner and take the leftovers the next day for lunch
- Healthy fiber-rich cereal – try with skim milk or Greek yogurt
- Dried fruit
- Apples, bananas, or clementines
- Whole-wheat crackers and low-fat string cheese