Snow Safety Tips
Posted in Blog
Monday, February 26, 2018
With the cold winter months in full swing, the NTB family wants to ensure that all of our drivers stay safe. Since the first snowfall, we have seen an increase in drivers slipping and injuring themselves.
Whether you are walking a short distance in the parking lot, dock areas, or even fuel islands, make sure to beware of ice on the ground. These three places tend to be the most slippery!
To avoid any injuries, here are a few tips to keep in mind this winter:
- Make sure to wear your ice spikes when you’re outside walking around the truck! All of our drivers should have a pair with them. If for some reason you do not, contact the NTB staff and we will gladly help you with this issue.
- Your shoes may be to blame for loss of traction. Think about changing your shoes change to ones with grip or non-skid sole.
- Take baby steps or shuffle your feet as you are walking along.
- Use 3 points of contact when you are entering or exiting the truck. Be sure to never jump down!
- When sweeping out your trailer, please try to do so at a dock if the customer will let you. If not, make sure to use extreme caution when climbing in and out of the trailer.
We are committed to making sure our drivers stay safe this winter, so please always keep these safety tips in mind!
Interested in finding more about NTB’s driver team? Contact us today and a recruiter will be in touch!