Posted: August 05, 2014 NTB Driver Referral Program
Posted: July 01, 2014 NTB Announces Pay Raise for Current and Potential Drivers
Posted: June 23, 2014 NTB Drivers Earning EXTRA money—a GREAT opportunity!Read More
- No East or West Coast
- Great Home Time—work five days, go home the same two days every week.
- Driver Friendly Freight with 99% No-Touch, and 95% Drop & Hook
If we got your attention, please read further. If you have questions, contact one of our recruiters. Thank you for considering NTB!
Driver Pay Package
NTB offers a competitive pay package. Ask one of our recruiters about our new pay package!
Driver Trainee Pay
NTB offers a four-week training program for students who have graduated from an approved driver training program.
All trainers with NTB have gone through a "train the trainer" course to help them understand the scope of training for NTB. We want our new drivers to be sufficiently trained so they are ready for the road—not used for a team operation. During the four-week program, the driver trainee is on the same home time as the trainer. Pay is $80.00 per day for each day that you work, with a maximum of $480.00 per week. After you complete the four-week training program, you will go on an orientation run with a trainer. This run is basically an extensive road test for a one-day period. You will be paid $80.00 for this one run only.
Truck Driver Apprenticeship Program
NTB is proud to be able to offer a Department of Labor certified apprenticeship in Heavy Duty Truck Driving. All trainee drivers automatically go into this apprenticeship program upon completion of the four-week training program. After the apprentice has completed all of the requirements (usually after one year), he/she will receive a certificate of completion from the Department of Labor.
- Weekly Pay – Pay will be directly deposited into your current bank or credit union account each week.
- Per Diem Reimbursement – NTB has implemented a per diem reimbursement for meals and incidentals on the road. It allows drivers to reduce their taxes and increase their take home pay by up to $2,600.00 per year.
- Life, Dental, Vision, and Medical Insurance with Flex Spending Program – NTB has an exceptional medical plan at affordable rates for our employees and their families. We also have optional Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC).
- Retirement – NTB offers its drivers a 401(k) Retirement Program with a 10% match. Employees will be eligible for the program after six months of full-time service. Employees are 100% vested at enrollment.
- Vacation – Up to four weeks of vacation based on length of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement – NTB offers tuition reimbursement for qualified student drivers. Drivers may earn as much as $4,000.00 in tuition reimbursement.
- We also do a Rider Program, and a Safety Awards Program
- Ask your recruiter for more information about any of the these benefits!
Veteran Truck Drivers
In appreciation for all veterans and their service to our country, NTB offers an Apprenticeship Program from the Veterans Administration. This allows veterans to use the Montgomery GI Bill for extra money, and in some cases to pay for CDL training.
- Earn $36,000.00 to $39,000.00 during your first year.
- Receive tuition reimbursement if you qualify.
- Use your Montgomery GI Bill.
- Get extra money from your GI Bill benefits (a monthly stipend in addition to your NTB pay while in the Apprenticeship Program).
- Get your CDL training paid (if approved by the VA).
- Receive a certificate from the Department of Labor after one year.
- If you are interested in our Veteran’s Apprenticeship, contact our recruiting department now to get started.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have Haz-Mat endorsement
- Must have a good work history, and a good driving record as reported on the MVR
- NO DUI, DWI, Impaired Driving, Reckless Driving, or railroad crossing violations within the last seven years
- NO careless driving within the last three years (includes speeding 15 mph or more over the speed limit)
- NO more than one chargeable accident in the last three years
- NO more than three infractions in the last three years
- NO suspended license (current). Prior suspensions will be reviewed for cause.
- NO more than four points on MVR.
NOTE: Additional driver qualification standards may be applied as per company policy.
Operating Area and Domicile Locations
- Decatur, IL
- Ft Wayne, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Middlebury, IN
- Walton, KY
- Carleton / Newport, MI
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Lansing, MI
- Stanwood, MI
- Walker, MI
- Columbus, OH
- Tipp City, OH
- Madison, WI
- Pleasant Prairie, WI
Find out when a recruiter will be in a location near you by checking the Recruiter Schedule on the Driver Recruiting page OR contact an NTB Recruiter now if you have any questions.
Phone: (800) 446-0682
Fax: (517) 322-2233
Click the Driver Application link below to submit an application.